View Full Version : Landlord's Insurance

13-05-2005, 13:25 PM
I have bought a brand new, two bedroomed apartment in an apartment block which I want to let out, unfurnished. The buildings insurance is provided on a block policy which specifically excludes public liability cover.

I have searched high and low for insurance to cover my tenant claiming against me should they, or their visitors, injure themselves on my premises and claim it is my responsibility. I would also like legal cover to refute/contest such a claim should the need arise.

Can anyone help me please?

13-05-2005, 15:10 PM
Homelet insurance do a minimum contents cover for unfurnished properties - this will cover carpets, curtains, light fixtures and freestanding appliances aren't usually covered with the buildings policy.

Within the cover you will get employers liability of £10,000,000 and Landlords liability of £5,000,000 - so you get cover if your tenant or your plumber whatever gets injured

£5.00 per month plus IPT or £63 pa

I seem to recall someone telling me that your own home insurance could cover the costs of someone trying to sue you, might be worth checking that bit out with your own insurer.