PDA

View Full Version : Landlord's Insurance

scampicat
03-10-2006, 15:00 PM
I have received (and had confirmed by telephone) an online quote for £376.85 for buildings and contents insurance for my house. There is £100 excess on both. Accidental damage is covered on both. The contents insurance does not cover the occupants' possessions (but nearly all the furniture and all the white goods are mine, left from when my husband and I last lived in the house, and this IS covered).

The house is lived in by my son (who pays no rent) and two lodgers. The insurance company knows this.

Do people think this is reasonable and if not can you recommend an insurer?

Ericthelobster
03-10-2006, 16:40 PM
Do people think this is reasonable and if not can you recommend an insurer?Since premiums are directly related to the value (and size?) of the property and the value of the contents, how can anybody even begin to comment on whether this is reasonable without having this information?!

scampicat
03-10-2006, 17:23 PM
Fair enough, the rebuild value is £120k and it's a three bed Victorian mid-terrace on the outskirts of a Midlands industrial city.

The furniture is mostly mine (as opposed to the occupants'), and £25k should cover it.

MrShed
03-10-2006, 22:19 PM
Seems about in the right ball park to me...little more than we pay for our £90k rebuild cost property, and ours was the cheapest out of a lot of companies.

scampicat
04-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Thanks people