PDA

View Full Version : House re-possession

ATI
26-09-2006, 14:21 PM
HI there

You do recall that i had a problem with my dodgy Landlord. well today he had a court hearing and did not attend it and Halifax Plc were granted re-possession.
As a Tenant I am confused what happens next. i went to court and they have told me that he has till october and i will get a court letter confirming that . i called the bank solicitor and a lady advised me that there will be no correspondance neither from court nor from them but the Landlord has 28 days to pay up the ARREARS SINCE MARCH(unles he made a payment recently) or they will go back to court and enforce the re-possession

can some one please clarify what you can for us. because we are waiting for the council to rehouse us but without any letter to confirm it it is their words are against mine.
many thanks

P.Pilcher
26-09-2006, 20:06 PM
As th Halifax has been granted possession, this overrides the tenancy you have been granted despite you having always paid your rent in full when due. Your landlord is thus in breach of his contract (the assured tenancy agreement) he has signed with you. When you get a letter from the court, take this to the council - it will indicate that you are (through no fault of your own) about to loose your home. If the council do nothing, then sit tight. Eventually, you will receive a letter from the court bailiffs stating when they will evict you. Take this to the council and they will then be obliged to re-house you.
You should continue to pay your rent in the usual way, but consider the possibility of not paying your last months rent as I expect it is unlikely that your landlord will refund your deposit!

P.P.

ATI
26-09-2006, 21:41 PM
I accidently met my case worker from the council tonight and he has told me the same thing. many thanks for taken time to clarify it. one small problem he did not have time to explain it to me. if I take this letter that is coming any day now would I be concider automatically homeless and the council have a duty to re-house me ie are they going to give me a letter to say that or are they most probably going to send me to Private again and wash their hands off me?.