PDA

View Full Version : Insurance...

fuzed
08-02-2011, 10:43 AM
My home is currently empty as I'm in the process of renovating before selling... it was empty for a few weeks whilst I was away for work, I've come back to a total mess... water leak has messed up the bathroom ceiling, the kitchen ceiling not sure how bad the bathroom floor is yet, will take a look this weekend.

I have standard home insurance, I'm just wondering what is covered? and what isn't? I need to get the celings replaced and generally tidy up the whole house (which I shall start hopefully this weekend.

I'm just wondering if the insurance company would cause me problems as they have the clause that a property must be occupied for X number of days a month.

what a headache houses are!!! :(

Interlaken
08-02-2011, 11:12 AM
You need to check your policy but most insurers insist that the property is not left for more than 21-30 days (depends on the company you have used).

Repair to plaster, replacement or drying of carpets and the place in general should be covered - again check your policy and waiting like this to claim will not go in your favour.

fuzed
08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
thanks buddy, will take a look at the policy... only issue is I'm away for work alot so only at the property at weekends, am going up on friday so will look over the place an talk to the insurance company an see what we can arrange... have some builders etc coming over the weeknd to give quotes on sorting the mess out as well.

think the companys satander (abbey).