PDA

View Full Version : New landlord seeks a Landlords' trade association

Happypig
25-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Not t'internet, but property rental.

My wife and I have just bought a flat, with a view to renting it out and we are on a voyage of discovery with seemingly lots of things to do and a few questions to ask.
However, things seem to be going alright so far so I'll hold fire with the questions for now except for one :

I'm thinking I should join some sort of landlords association; which is the best to join and will they be able to supply me with a tenancy agreement ?

(ok so thats two questions, sorry)

Cheers

Gary

PaulF
25-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Don't you use your search engine?

Try the NLA and the NFRL.

Oh by the way would you venture into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban without any weapons or flack-jacket? It's about the same as getting into renting when you don't know what to do - very dangerous!

data
26-04-2009, 19:43 PM
Are there any good landlord associations / groups where one can get good legal advice? (I’m assuming to join, have to pay a membership fee- but that’s fine by me). Anyone heard of the residential landlord association? Are they any good? Any other groups like them?
I'm a Landlord, and need legal advice, but I think it would be cheaper to get it through these associations rather than a lawyer that might charge per question / query. Any ideas? This forum is fantastic, but I dont want to burden everyone with detailed legal questions.

jeffrey
27-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Are there any good landlord associations / groups where one can get good legal advice? (I’m assuming to join, have to pay a membership fee- but that’s fine by me). Anyone heard of the residential landlord association? Are they any good? Any other groups like them?
I'm a Landlord, and need legal advice, but I think it would be cheaper to get it through these associations rather than a lawyer that might charge per question / query. Any ideas? This forum is fantastic, but I dont want to burden everyone with detailed legal questions.
See those mentioned in post #2 and also any local to you- perhaps your Council's Housing Department might know?

Lawcruncher
27-04-2009, 20:44 PM
I have recently had occasion to see a form of tenancy agreement published by a landlord's association and was not impressed.

mind the gap
27-04-2009, 21:47 PM
Don't you use your search engine?

Try the NLA and the NFRL.

Oh by the way would you venture into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban without any weapons or flack-jacket? It's about the same as getting into renting when you don't know what to do - very dangerous!

This is an entirely ridiculous analogy. Being an ignorant landlord is nothing like fighting the Taleban unarmed. A more accurate simile would involve a hedgehog and a football.

PaulF
27-04-2009, 23:10 PM
This post of mine is over two-and-a-half years old so it's taken a while for you to notice it! Perhaps you didn't see the gap let alone mind it!:rolleyes:

mind the gap
28-04-2009, 06:27 AM
This post of mine is over two-and-a-half years old so it's taken a while for you to notice it! Perhaps you didn't see the gap let alone mind it!:rolleyes:

It was dredged up in a thread resurrected by someone else. I don't examine the date of every post of every thread which appears at the top of RL.

Are you implying that the advice you would nowadays would be more accurate or useful?!

harry1001
28-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Paul F,
your analogy with Afghanistan might be more relevant than appears at first sight.
Venturing into Taleban country with a name like the OP's - 'Happypig' - would be ill-advised.

jeffrey
28-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Paul F,
your analogy with Afghanistan might be more relevant than appears at first sight.
Venturing into Taleban country with a name like the OP's - 'Happypig' - would be ill-advised.
Unless the Taleban contract Swine Fever...