PDA

View Full Version : Need to contact landloard

neo.kap
02-02-2011, 14:25 PM
Hi

I live in rented apartment. I took it through estate agent. Estate agent is managing the property on behalf of landloard. Agreement was done between me and landloard but had been sign by estate agent on landloard's behalf.

now easte agent has sent me termination notice saying landloard has requested to do so. I want to contact landloard in this regard but easte agent is not allowing me to speak to landloard.

How can I reach to Landloard?

jeffrey
02-02-2011, 14:29 PM
1.You should serve on L's Letting Agent (A) a Notice under s.1 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985. There are many LZ threads about it. It requires disclosure of L's name/address.
2. Failure to disclose L's name/address, without reasonable excuse, would be a criminal offence by A.
3. Alternatively, use HM Land Registry. For £4, you can buy a copy of the ownership details registered there.

neo.kap
02-02-2011, 14:41 PM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for quick reply. Landloard's name and address are mentioned in agreement. but when I ask A that I want to speak to Landloard, he says he will check with Landloard then come back Landloard is not agree to speak.

I belive agent dont want me to speak to landloard. Can pls advise?

jjlandlord
02-02-2011, 14:44 PM
Landloard's name and address are mentioned in agreement....
I belive agent dont want me to speak to landloard. Can pls advise?

Hmm what about looking LL's phone number up, or just writing to him?

neo.kap
02-02-2011, 14:55 PM
Hmm what about looking LL's phone number up, or just writing to him?

LL's phone no is not mentioned, only name and address. yes but writing to LL is good suggestion. Thanks.

Can I force A to give LL contact detail? I dont understand why he doesnt want me to contact LL

thesaint
02-02-2011, 14:57 PM
Can I force A to give LL contact detail? I dont understand why he doesnt want me to contact LL

You have all the details you are entitled to.
Many landlords do not like to be bothered by tenants. This is why they employ agents.

You are free to write though.

jeffrey
02-02-2011, 15:02 PM
Can I force A to give LL contact detail?
No, if you mean L's telephone number.