PDA

View Full Version : Inventory details

jase
19-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi,

What level of detail do you drill down to when compiling your inventory? I'm leaving no furniture apart from stair carpets, curtains/blinds and a cooker. Do you comment on things like paint work condition, floor condition and general cleanliness?

Thanks for any advice given.

MrShed
19-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Yes on all three counts. Your inventory should be as detailed as possible. And no matter how detailed you go, you will always wish you had been more detailed should there be a dispute :p

It would be advisable to take photographs/video as well.

jase
19-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Yes on all three counts. Your inventory should be as detailed as possible. And no matter how detailed you go, you will always wish you had been more detailed should there be a dispute :p

It would be advisable to take photographs/video as well.

Thanks.. yes good idea, I was thinking of taking a load of pictures of the rooms...Just in case!

Paul_f
19-09-2006, 13:42 PM
If you are taking digital pictures you must give the tenant a copy on CD, retain one yourself, and you must give a hard copy with the date the pics were taken, each one signed on the back by your tenant as evidence of acceptance of condition. You should also give a copy to your tenant signed by you. This is in addition to a detailed inventory. See some of my other posts by putting "inventory" or "inventories" into the search facility as there is much more info on this subject.