PDA

View Full Version : Property Listing Abbreviations?

ferretwright
08-09-2006, 20:12 PM
Hi,

My fiance and I are hoping to rent a house in the near future, it will be the first time either of us has rented a place - and we know very little!

We've had a look round the websites of local estate agents, taken an interest in a few properties but there are so many abbreviations and numbers in what to us looks like random places. We've managed to figure most of them out by researching ourselves, but other things we are still confused about - can one of you experts take a look and let us know what the 18 in brackets at the end means please? :D

2 Bed end terrace house, Unfurnished, GCH, Double glazed, Nicely decorated, enc rear garden, Parking for two cars, No smokers, No DSS, Professional applicants only (K) (18)

Thank you advance to anyone who can help us.

justaboutsane
08-09-2006, 20:25 PM
It may be a reference code of some sort.. nothing else i am aware of!

ferretwright
08-09-2006, 20:33 PM
Hmm, I don't think it is - other property listings from the same agent do have different numbers at the end, some appear to be more code-like, maybe these mean something to you landlords? :)

(6b)
(5-45)
(38a)
(1 - 45)

RichieP
08-09-2006, 20:44 PM
No. Nothing. Just a suggestion, but why not pop in or phone the agent and ask what it means?

ferretwright
09-09-2006, 17:47 PM
I assumed the time and date of my original post would have answered that for anyone who wondered.

Agents around here don't tend to be open at 9pm on Fridays, or over the weekend - so thought perhaps I'd find my answer quicker by asking people here rather than waiting until Monday :rolleyes:

kimhazzard
11-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Dont worry about them, i havnt got a clue they probably just mean something to that specific agent.