PDA

View Full Version : Under these circumstances, is a notice to quit necessary? (Scotland)

jonal
03-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I let a property as a SAT, for 6 months initially at the requirement of the tenant.
The 6 months passed and the tenant did not want to leave, so I let the lease role over for another 6 months.
If I am willing for the tenant to continue, but as landlord have a protected position under the SAT conditions, do I simply let the tenancy role over for another 6 months at the end of the years let?
Can this go on ad nauseum, or would I be best to send a notice to quit and renegotiate another SAT?
Thanks

theartfullodger
03-12-2010, 14:18 PM
Can roll on/over for as long as you both (LL & T) like: The SAT may specify the roll-over period (mine say 1 month, my old ones from my solicitor say 2months).

Just because the initial period is 6 months doesn't mean it rolls over for 6-months..

The only reason I can see to have a new SAT is if there is a significant change (eg addtl tenant, change conditions, maybe increase rent): Even rent increase can be done by AT2 & AT1(L).