PDA

View Full Version : Change in Ownership

settloe_99
04-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Hi

We manage a number of properties on behalf of a limited company and that company is going to be selling it's properties to a new limited company. We will be continuing to manage to the properties on behalf of the new company. My question is that if we wish to issue proceedings in relation to one of these properties the proceedings would need to be issued in the new companies name however the tenancy agreement & NSP would be in the old company name. Will this cause a problem at court and do we need to provide the tenants with S48 notice to advise them in the change of ownership?

Thanks

Matt

Markonee1
04-09-2006, 12:45 PM
If the portfolio goes to a 'new ' company then it is a 'Relevent Disposal' unless new co is a sub co belonging to the original for more than 2 years. If I remember correctly...
Envoking RFR...
Bag of NaCl required

settloe_99
04-09-2006, 13:11 PM
Envoking RFR...
Bag of NaCl required

Sorry please can you clarify what this means?

Thanks

settloe_99
06-09-2006, 07:46 AM
I've now been told by the RLA that any S21 which was issued in the old companies name will become invalid when the property is sold and the new landlord will need to issue a new S21 if they wish to issue possession proceedings. Please can anyone clarify if this is correct?