PDA

View Full Version : Best method of enforcement?

eagle76
30-08-2006, 15:53 PM
Hello

I have a tenant who owes me more than £4000 and has a judgement against them and I am currently waiting for bailiffs to come to repossess the property back.

However, now I want to try and get some of the money back which I am currently owed. I have the bank details of my tenant and also their work address although I am not sure whether they are a permanent employee there as I think they are temping only.

So my dilemma is which option should I go for bearing in mind the costs to do this as well.

1. Apply for Warrant Of Execution to get debt - however tenant may move out of property before bailiff turns up, then what?
2. Get Attachment of Earnings - if tenant is not a permanent employee will this be difficult to get?
3. Garnishee order - I have their account details but will freezing their account mean they will pay me anything?
4. Pass debt to professional debt collection agency - will they actually do anything?

Just wondering whether any people out there have had much success with the above and what you recommend I take as next step.

Thank you for everyone who has helped me so far.

Regards

MrShed
30-08-2006, 16:10 PM
1. Apply for Warrant Of Execution to get debt - however tenant may move out of property before bailiff turns up, then what?

Then you would have to get a new address for them(probably not easy!).

2. Get Attachment of Earnings - if tenant is not a permanent employee will this be difficult to get?

No, but every time they change jobs you will have to get a new attachment, and pay each time as well!

3. Garnishee order - I have their account details but will freezing their account mean they will pay me anything?

As far as I know, it doesn't freeze their account, just attempts to take out the money owed. This could well be the best option to reclaim at least part of your money.

4. Pass debt to professional debt collection agency - will they actually do anything?

Just wondering whether any people out there have had much success with the above and what you recommend I take as next step.

Thank you for everyone who has helped me so far.

Regards

Hope this helps.

ATI
30-08-2006, 18:36 PM
i would wait and see how successful you maybe. i hope you do cos it is your money but I doubt you can win easily as there is no guarantee .
I would not waste my money with DCA they talk too much and offer nothing i mean nothing.( speaking from experience) but then again who knows?