PDA

View Full Version : Tenancy coming to an end

ivrytwr3
30-08-2006, 15:42 PM
Hi all,

My first ever tenants are due to move out end of Sep. The property is managed by an agent and i was wondering when we should start advertising again (my agent has not been in touch with me yet).

Should the agent have been in touch by now?

MrShed
30-08-2006, 15:47 PM
Just because the fixed term is coming to an end does not mean the tenancy is per se. It is possible that the tenants are wishing to stay on a periodic tenancy after the fixed term. However, either way the agency should probably have been in touch. Have you contacted them?

ivrytwr3
30-08-2006, 16:10 PM
The tenant stated he only needed the property for a 6 month work contract, so i assume he will be leaving (would be nice if he stayed!).

No, i haven't been in touch with the agent yet, i wanted to know if i should be getting in touch or if it is too early yet.

MrShed
30-08-2006, 16:11 PM
If you have any queries you should be contacting them. Unless...what did you take the agents on as? Let only, or full management?

ivrytwr3
30-08-2006, 17:59 PM
Full management

Ericthelobster
30-08-2006, 18:09 PM
The tenant stated he only needed the property for a 6 month work contract, so i assume he will be leaving (would be nice if he stayed!).If there's one thing I've learned since starting out as a landlord, it's NEVER assume ANYTHING!! :eek:

You need to find out pronto; eg, he may think he has no option but to move out despite maybe actually wanting to stay, and you might lose him.

Communication, communication.....