PDA

View Full Version : landlord wont repair washing machine

newtothis
16-08-2006, 21:35 PM
I Have Been Renting From My Landlord For 4 Months Now And My Built In Washing Machine Is Now Not Working Properly.

The Washing Machine Was At The Property When I Moved In And Is Built Into The Kitchen, It Has A Matching Door.

My Landlord Says He Is Not Responsible For The Repair Because He Is Renting The House Unfurnished.

Is This Right

Ericthelobster
16-08-2006, 21:42 PM
I Have Been Renting From My Landlord For 4 Months Now And My Built In Washing Machine Is Now Not Working Properly.

The Washing Machine Was At The Property When I Moved In And Is Built Into The Kitchen, It Has A Matching Door.

My Landlord Says He Is Not Responsible For The Repair Because He Is Renting The House Unfurnished.

Is This Right

No It Certainly Isn't. He Has to Fix It. (Not Relevant That It's Built In By The Way)

newtothis
16-08-2006, 21:51 PM
thats what i thought.

he says the contract says that only items on the inventory is his and that there is not an inventory meaning he has no responsibility for any of the furnishings.

pms
16-08-2006, 22:06 PM
thats what i thought.

he says the contract says that only items on the inventory is his and that there is not an inventory meaning he has no responsibility for any of the furnishings.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2006/1090.html

Thats a recent piece of case law.Although it has nothing to do with washing machines the principal is the same responsability to repair