PDA

View Full Version : Bailiffs

mattyb
21-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi people,

The people who rent the flat above me are being evicted on monday (24th).
I know that they have been sent a letter by registered post to say that the bailiffs are comming on the 24th, but she has told me she not excepted it and it has been returned to the post office, she is using this as a delaying tactic, to tell the bailiffs that she knew nothing of them comming on the monday.

will this work in any way.

matt

justaboutsane
21-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Shouldn't do but you never can tell! ... If she tries it have a quiet word with the bailiffs!

pippay
21-07-2006, 09:14 AM
And this has to do with you how exactly? Personally, if wasn't involved in the proceedings, I'd keep it that way.

It's between, the LL, the tenant concerned and the bailiffs.

If you want to do something, tell the tenant that her ploy won't work and she will be homeless on Monday, so she'd be best off looking for somewhere else to live as a matter of urgency!

mattyb
21-07-2006, 09:51 AM
And this has to do with you how exactly? Personally, if wasn't involved in the proceedings, I'd keep it that way.

It's between, the LL, the tenant concerned and the bailiffs.

If you want to do something, tell the tenant that her ploy won't work and she will be homeless on Monday, so she'd be best off looking for somewhere else to live as a matter of urgency!

Pippay, the reason i ask, and what this has to with me, i that myself and my wife have 8 months of hell with theses people, music all through out the night, drug taking, destroying the communial hallway, constant abuse. smashed all there windows. This has got so bad that we have had to move out i our own home, the home we pay a mortgage on. whilst thses low lifes are left there.

good enough reason for you!!

matt

Steve C
21-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Under the circumstances you describe, if it was me, I would phone the bailiff manager at the court and tell him/her exactly what your neighbour has said.

pippay
21-07-2006, 14:06 PM
In that case .. carry on :D .. just be careful they don't see you speaking with the bailiffs, if it proves to be necessary, as you don't want any repurcussions afterwards .. they sound like the sort who might do that!

come back and
Pippay, the reason i ask, and what this has to with me, i that myself and my wife have 8 months of hell with theses people, music all through out the night, drug taking, destroying the communial hallway, constant abuse. smashed all there windows. This has got so bad that we have had to move out i our own home, the home we pay a mortgage on. whilst thses low lifes are left there.

good enough reason for you!!

matt

mattyb
21-07-2006, 15:59 PM
hey guys thanks for the advice.

ive spoken to the bailiffs manager and he says it dosnet matter if they know or not, there being evicted on monday wether they like it or not.

woooohoooo, perhaps i can get my life back now.

matt