PDA

View Full Version : Gas safety certificate

rob77
06-07-2006, 14:58 PM
Hi all
I need to get a gas safety inspection done on a flat I own in SE London but am having real problems finding a company who will deal with a single property. Can anybody recommend anybody at all? And let me know what is a fair price for this?
Many thanks for your help
Rob;)

pippay
06-07-2006, 15:09 PM
whereabouts in SE London .. anywhere near the Kent border?

Hi all
I need to get a gas safety inspection done on a flat I own in SE London but am having real problems finding a company who will deal with a single property. Can anybody recommend anybody at all? And let me know what is a fair price for this?
Rob;)

rob77
06-07-2006, 15:42 PM
more camberwell area actually . . .:confused:

pippay
06-07-2006, 15:54 PM
Sorry ... then no I don't know anyone .. my guy regularly does Bexleyheath/Woolwich but he won't go as far in as Camberwell ...

more camberwell area actually . . .:confused:

Bludnok
06-07-2006, 16:31 PM
http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/default.asp

Do a search for a gas heating engineer on the flat's post code and ring them up, offering lots of money. You will soon find someone (if you offer them enough to get off their backside)

welshgold
06-07-2006, 20:06 PM
Hi all
Rob;)
cant recommend anyone but price wise, the corgi man that has done mine for many years charges £40 for each one although i have been quoted £200 - each but london prices are no doubt much higher

RichieP
07-07-2006, 07:52 AM
I know someone who does them. I'll try to contact him later and let you know. Mine's due soon and I think it was £100 last year.

Poppy
07-07-2006, 09:30 AM
To all landlords: Don’t forget to check that the engineer is currently registered by CORGI. You can do this by asking the engineer for their number and then punch it into the Check Installer Registration (http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/section_gas_law/about_installer_check_installer.asp) website.

RichieP
07-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Just spoken to him. PM me your email address if you want him to do it.

scampicat
07-07-2006, 15:53 PM
I have a gas service contract with British Gas and they service the boiler and hob (the only gas appliances in the property) once a year, have 365 days a year callout if anything goes wrong with the boiler or central heating, and issur my Landlords' Safety Certificate for around £295 p.a. and you can pay monthly.