PDA

View Full Version : claimant company name or my name?

WarwickGrad
27-04-2010, 16:52 PM
on the online pcol i've filled in, it has my full name as the claimant

my company name is the landlord, so shouldnt it be the claimant? thats the name on the contract

if so, it doesnt seem to give me the option of adding my company name, as when i register at the start it ask for my full name

please advise, thanks

westminster
27-04-2010, 19:07 PM
on the online pcol i've filled in, it has my full name as the claimant

my company name is the landlord, so shouldnt it be the claimant? thats the name on the contract

if so, it doesnt seem to give me the option of adding my company name, as when i register at the start it ask for my full name

please advise, thanks

If you are saying XXXX Ltd is the owner of the property and therefore the landlord, then yes XXXX Ltd is the claimant. Can't advise on the online form filling, though - ring the customer helpline.

Poppy35
27-04-2010, 19:29 PM
yes the details for the claiment should be the landlord name i.e. what is stated on the tenancy agreement.

I always fill these in for my clients and list either their names or their company name as the claimant - whatever is on the contract is correct.

WarwickGrad
27-04-2010, 19:45 PM
thanks

on the online form it asks 'to add a delegate' and to fill in a 'direct debit mandate', before i can progress with my claim

can someone explain this to me? if not, ill call customer services tomo, thanks

Poppy35
27-04-2010, 19:53 PM
Ive filled in a few PCOL's in my time and never been asked to sign a DD form. Whats the DD for?

you pay on line once you press submit.

Never been asked to add a delegate either.

WarwickGrad
27-04-2010, 19:57 PM
on this page, i've clicked on the right one, as the claimant is my company - here it asks for the info i've mentioned

www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/pcol/registration/chooseRegType.do

i guess your doing your claims via the left link, individual claimant? here it doesnt ask for info at the start

Poppy35
27-04-2010, 20:00 PM
you are an indivdual claimant you are not a

I am an organisation without legal representation that issues claims for possession of residential rented or mortgaged property.

this I believe is for companies that provide a service to Landlord to carry out possesion claims on their behalf but who are not solicitors

WarwickGrad
27-04-2010, 20:07 PM
aha...thank you

the problem why i thought it was that option is because via the individual claimant link, it doesnt allow me to add my company

i'm on the last page now and it has my name as the claimant

any ideas how i can edit this and add my company name instead of my name?

its taken me all day to do, but LZ has taught me a lot today, i'm v thankful!

Poppy35
27-04-2010, 20:09 PM
you should be able to save it all and go back and edit it

If not then I would prob register again and set up another one and just copy the info over.

A lot of my clients have their properties under the business names so I always just add this same as the claimant and never had a problem putting a company name down.

Hope this works

WarwickGrad
27-04-2010, 20:35 PM
thanks poppy, i re registered and its all done!

are they going to email me a hearing date now? how long should this take?

what paperwork do i need to bring to the hearing so ensure it all goes smoothly?

should i post them anything before the hearing? ie. rent statement, s8 notice, contract etc.?

Poppy35
28-04-2010, 07:43 AM
generally you should get an email reply within a few days giving you a date for the hearing.

I have never submitted paperwork before a hearing however I always prepare 2 packs to take to the court . In each pack you should have the AST, all notices, any appropriate letters, recorded delivery slips, deposit protection certificate, LGSC. I label these A, B, C etc and then pop a Schedule of Contents on the front listing A - AST dated ......, B - Deposit protection cert

It makes everything easy to get at and stops you fumbling around in front of the judge (just call them sir or madam).

Hope this helps.