PDA

View Full Version : L forced me out (and used services at my expense)

meshga
07-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Hello im new to this forum so hello nice to meet you all.

I recently forced moved out of a house with some land and building as my ex landlord seemed to think he still could do what ever he like.

He kept a small barn for himself and wasnt any mention it had full living inside and has used it like a home using all my services and not paid towards them really.Whilst living there he have many visiters and delivers even late at night (11.30 pm) . None of which is stated in the contract only has access to the barn which it clearly wasnt .

Also we had a drainage problem which raise its ugly head several months into the contract to the point the powers that be got involved as the sewage was going direct into a water course.

If you was in my shoes what would you have done?

jta
07-04-2010, 06:20 AM
If you was in my shoes what would you have done?

Dunno really! Is there a specific problem?

How do you know he was from hell? He might have come from Wapping!

Welcome to the forum.

Snorkerz
07-04-2010, 09:50 AM
While I hope you never find yourself in this situation again, if you do there is lots of help available from the local council housing officers, environmental health officers, citizens advice centres, community legal service and of course, forums like this.

So, what would I have done? I'd have looked for help.

mjbfire
07-04-2010, 13:49 PM
From your post, I guess the following

You have moved into a P, which you now left.
But you didn't like the LL living in a seperate building(The Barn), which has a right of way though your P. And was in the contract.
When you moved in, you never asked whats in the barn and who living there.
And also you said "not paid towards them really", so he did pay something, but maybe now you would like more.

You also said
"Whilst living there he have many visiters and delivers even late at night (11.30 pm) ". If It's his home, you could have done the same, and I guess you would have told him to mind his own business if he complained about you.

How did he cause the "drainage problem", and if sewage got into water course the authorises needed to get involved.

So I guess as you said. "Maybe wrong"
"I recently forced moved out", you are trying to go for
"Breach of Quite Enjoyment"
"Haressment" and
"Illlegal eviction"

To either get the LL to pay more for the utilities, "Maybe he should", return your deposit or for someother reason.

While you was in the P, who did you complain to(Landlord, local council housing officers, environmental health officers, citizens advice centres, community legal service) , and did you put anything in writting, if not I can't see how it was that much of an issue for you then?

But from what you currently have put on your post, I can't see how he "the landlord from hell".

And if I was in your situation,
1) I would have asked more questions, before I moved in and
2) Contacted the LL in writing, laying out the issues clearly,
3) Then contacted the local authority,
4) Look for another place to live after the fixed term was over, as I doubt you be living there much after this time.

westminster
07-04-2010, 14:09 PM
But from what you currently have put on your post, I can't see how he "the landlord from hell".
Me neither.