PDA

View Full Version : Full management

ben83
01-04-2010, 13:21 PM
Hi everyone,
i have a 3 bedroom flat that i am going to let out.
I am looking for Tenants but am a little unsure where to advertise for Tenants and if they would be happy to take the whole flat V's renting room by room.
Does anyone have experience on if i was to let it room by room are people happy to take over with the Utility bills or is it best to do an all inclusive agreement per room under lease?
Thanks

mind the gap
01-04-2010, 13:28 PM
Hi everyone,
i have a 3 bedroom flat that i am going to let out.
I am looking for Tenants but am a little unsure where to advertise for Tenants and if they would be happy to take the whole flat V's renting room by room.
Does anyone have experience on if i was to let it room by room are people happy to take over with the Utility bills or is it best to do an all inclusive agreement per room under lease?
Thanks

A joint tenancy is probably preferable from your point of view, as it is less to manage and the Ts are jointly responsible for the bills.

If you cannot find a group of three sharers, then separate ASts for three single individuals is your other option, but there is an art to choosing three who will get on with each other. Also, unless there are meters in each room you will probably end up paying for the utilities and they will leave the heating on all day and night.

schocca
01-04-2010, 13:41 PM
If you do let out to 3 individuals (in a group or separately), and the tenancy contract starts on or after the 6th April 2010, you will need planning permission first as this is deemed to be a HMO.

One family sharing 2 bedrooms and an individual sharing the 3rd is fine. But the HMO threshold is 3 or more groups of individual people.

Contact your local planning office for further information.