PDA

View Full Version : Good Landlords and Letting Agents - where are they?

poisonivy
31-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I see plenty of websites and forum threads dedicated to complaining about the cowboys and the bad guys. People aren't as quick to praise, but surely there are agents and landlords out there who don't view their tenants as lowlife scum posing as piggy banks.

Is there a site or a thread somewhere that names and praises the good ones - particularly in London? My present agents and landlords are two examples of the ones who give the profession a bad name.

ram
31-03-2010, 12:45 PM
are there are agents and landlords out there who don't view their tenants as lowlife scum posing as piggy banks.

web sites, I cant recall, but The Government, ( or too much opposition ) may have backed down on having a web site where tenants can voice their opinion on their Landlords, or are reconsidering a web site.

============

Posts were :- "Plans for a website that would enable tenants to post feedback and comments about their landlord, such as how quickly they fix problems and the condition of the spaces they own, may be in the works.

But according to the National Landlords Association (NLA), this is a bad idea, because it would take massive amounts of monitoring and scrutiny to be workable."

============

there are too many ( but esential ) web sites giving bad reviews, but others may have stumbled upon a web site you hope to find.

If you were in the North West, and wanted a property managed, I could offer that service ( I work Work from Home ) but then are in our infancy, but have managed a few ourselves in our life.

We are currenly helping to get out of a Contract with a branch of Countrywide, who are just totaly useless.

mind the gap
31-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I see plenty of websites and forum threads dedicated to complaining about the cowboys and the bad guys. People aren't as quick to praise, but surely there are agents and landlords out there who don't view their tenants as lowlife scum posing as piggy banks.

Is there a site or a thread somewhere that names and praises the good ones - particularly in London? My present agents and landlords are two examples of the ones who give the profession a bad name.

It is perhaps the case that no news is good news; the absence of eulogies is unsurprising in this context.

It's the nature of the beast: people come on forums like this to get help with problems, not to broadcast the fact that their landlord is a decent human being, or that their tenant paid the rent on time this month.

poisonivy
31-03-2010, 13:00 PM
It is perhaps the case that no news is good news; the absence of eulogies is unsurprising in this context.

People come on forums to get help with problems, not just to declare 'My landlord is a decent human being'/'My tenant paid the rent on time this month'.

True, people usually write to complain. Unfortunately, I researched my present agent and landlord before committing, and found nothing at all, and in 15 years of renting I've never experienced worse.

yaf201
31-03-2010, 20:48 PM
As you're in London, maybe this will help http://www.londonlandlords.org.uk/accreditation/home

On this side of the Severn we have http://www.welshlandlords.org.uk/

I assume there are similar schemes throughout the UK?