PDA

View Full Version : returning deposit to tenants

anna63
29-03-2010, 19:43 PM
Hi

I registered my damages deposit from my current tenants with the dps. The tenancy has now ended and i will be returnung their deposit. In accordance with the dps, within what period of time does the deposit usually have to be returned at the end of the tenancy? I did check the dps website but can't seem to find the answer..

thanks

mind the gap
29-03-2010, 21:03 PM
Hi

I registered my damages deposit from my current tenants with the dps. The tenancy has now ended and i will be returnung their deposit. In accordance with the dps, within what period of time does the deposit usually have to be returned at the end of the tenancy? I did check the dps website but can't seem to find the answer..

thanks
Ten days rings a bell, but if your Ts have been decent you can release it as soon as you wish.

Assuming you conducted a check-out inventory on or soon after the day they left, is there any reason why they should not get it back immediately after that?

Are you intending to claim any deductions for damage/cleaning?

anna63
30-03-2010, 19:10 PM
ok thanks. I won't be claiming any deductions so will start the process of repayment.

mind the gap
30-03-2010, 19:13 PM
Just out of interest, (and apologies for the nosey question!) are you not claiming any deductions because your Ts have left the place spotless, or because you think it will be too much hassle?