PDA

View Full Version : Land slip

vegasgo
23-03-2010, 20:26 PM
Sorry, more issues!

Our property is being vacated by our T in 5 weeks. The house is on a quarry and recently there was a small lanslip. As a result, the max weight of vehicles has been restricted to 3 tons - aprrox a large transit.

If our Ts kick up a fuss about this and refuse to move because it is extra hassle/cost using smaller vehicles, what can we do? Thanks.

jeffrey
24-03-2010, 12:02 PM
The difficulties of van-size limits are irrelevant. If T's gotta go, T's gotta go.

mind the gap
24-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Send them the Civil Defence information packs on 'What to Do if your Home Collapses Under You Due to Subsidence' and 'Landslides : How to Stay Safe'. That should do the trick :p

jeffrey
24-03-2010, 13:34 PM
Demand Government Subsidies for Subsidence?

vegasgo
24-03-2010, 14:22 PM
The goverment/council are obviously responsible, yet T now claiming 'not our fault' and demanding money towards extra cost of moving out, ie will need to fill 4 transit vans to ferry stuff to end of road then transfer into larger HGV. I don't know how much extra this will be, but with 2 weeks rent left, due on the 10th April, I have a feeling this will not be paid or reduced by T. We didn't take a deposit (lessons...)

If the landslide is entirely and utterly not our responsibility, I presume any attempts from T to get money out of us/withold rent, would be illegal?

When the tenancy agreement ends on April 25, do we have a right to re-claim house whether T has moved out or not?

vegasgo
24-03-2010, 14:25 PM
Send them the Civil Defence information packs on 'What to Do if your Home Collapses Under You Due to Subsidence' and 'Landslides : How to Stay Safe'. That should do the trick :p

Not if our new Ts see them...

jeffrey
24-03-2010, 14:43 PM
When the tenancy agreement ends on April 25, do we have a right to re-claim house whether T has moved out or not?
Yes, but you:
a. will need a Court Order if T sits tight; and
b. may need bailiffs to evict T.