PDA

View Full Version : In a bicycle safe in front garden shed.

BusyLandlord
15-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Considered having lodger's bike locked in front garden shed instead of back garden shed. Would that be just as safe?

What are your views on keeping valuable items locked in a front garden shed?

Front garden is narrow with enough space for car to park and narrow bike shed. No gareden gate.

Thanks

islandgirl
15-03-2010, 09:55 AM
depends where you live! Where I live probably yes. 5 miles down the road, definitely not!

davidjohnbutton
15-03-2010, 10:34 AM
In my experience, nothing is ever completely safe from a determined thief. You have only got to get one dishonest person to see the bike being put away and taking a fancy to it and its gone!!!

Mrs Mug
15-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Where I grew up not only would they take the bike, but they would take the shed as well.

BusyLandlord
15-03-2010, 10:59 AM
In my experience, nothing is ever completely safe from a determined thief. You have only got to get one dishonest person to see the bike being put away and taking a fancy to it and its gone!!!

Yes you are right. If the bike goes roiund the back the dishonest person would not know which house the lodger went to because he would be walking down the alleyway before he got to the house.

Thanks for your advice and view everyone. I have decided that it would be best to keep the bike at the back.