PDA

View Full Version : Help with completing N225

Ann.C
13-03-2010, 07:52 AM
I have received a "Full admission" from my tenants regarding the outstanding rent they owe - currently £2,600. However on reading the forms they don't actually admit owing the full amount, one tenant admits owing £975, his partner's form doesn't admit anything. I have to submit a Request for Judgement N225 and would be grateful for any help in completing this.

As expected they make a whole list of accusations against me including harassment via abusive phone calls to them and their employers, contacting the neighbours to ask them to check on them etc. They also claim to have made many attempts to make arrangements to pay back the debt.

As people may know from another thread I posted, my Letting Agent has never given me a copy of their application so I wouldn't know where they worked, never contacted me ignoring any attempts by my Letting Agent to collect outstanding rent. The only time I contacted neighbours was when they failed to contact the Agent for nearly 6 weeks despite them trying to speak to them re outstanding rent. I rang a neighbour to see whether they were still there or had abandoned the property,

Do I need to respond to their accusations as I don't think their accusations have anything to do with the fact they won't pay their rent, or just say that "they owe me the money, heres the copy of the rent statement showing the arrears, I don't accept that they will pay me as they have consistently failed to keep to any payment schedule for the rent. However to assist the Courts I would accept £50 per month of each tenant via an attachment of earnings though and I do want the whole amount back". They both admit working.

This has given me an idea of what they will be putting in their defence against their eviction.

Thanks.

Ann.C
15-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Can any one advise me what I should put on my N225. Do I need to respond to the tenants outrageous claims or just say they owe me this much rent and I want it via an attachment of earnings as I doubt they will keep to any payment schedule as they haven't paid their rent according to their payment schedule.

They also claim the rent as a priority debt - but don't pay it. One of the tenants claims that they pay £15 per month water rates. I know this is not true as I have been contacted by the Water Company as no one has paid water rates at the property since they took up residence. Should I mention that.

I cant wait for their defence to the N5(b) and what other wonders they will claim.

havensRus
15-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Keep your response to the money owed and leave the tenancy issues to the possession process.
You should attach a copy of the statement of rental account showing dates rent due, amount paid, amount outstanding etc.

The form does not make allowance for when defendant admits only part of the claim, so in your case, I'd tick Box B.
I take it there's no proposal for payment either? in which case tick the appropriate box. Then fill in C if you know DoB.
In D, tick the box corresponding to your preferred method of repayment. For AofE, middle box (by instalments of....).

is the schedule of expenses completed? that should show how much, if any, surplus cash they've got to service the debt. If not, decide how much you want and specify it. No guarantee that judge will award that, but its a start.

HTH

Ann.C
15-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I initially typed out 6 pages of counter-claim and realised I shouldn't send it, although it means I have these when the defence against eviction finally arrives.

One thing, one of the tenants has put on her schedule of expenses that she pays £15 water rates a month. I was actually contacted recently by United Utilities as they have never paid any rates. Worth mentioning or enclosing a copy of the letter from UU advising that no account has been set up. Or will that just make me look petty.

havensRus
15-03-2010, 19:58 PM
I initially typed out 6 pages of counter-claim and realised I shouldn't send it, although it means I have these when the defence against eviction finally arrives.

indeed..

One thing, one of the tenants has put on her schedule of expenses that she pays £15 water rates a month. I was actually contacted recently by United Utilities as they have never paid any rates. Worth mentioning or enclosing a copy of the letter from UU advising that no account has been set up. Or will that just make me look petty.
might as well attach copy - proof that T is lying....and not paying out as much as they claim.