PDA

View Full Version : Tennant wont provide a time for an inspection

fresh to the market
06-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I have been trying verbally, by text and by letter to get my tenants to give me a time when I can come and do an inspection.

I will also be giving them notice that at the end of the 6 months I will not be renewing our agreement as they have verbally told me a while back that they will be moving out but haven't confirmed in writing and I want to market the property. The tenancy agreement states I can within 2 months of the end of the tenancy.

My questions are:

1. Can I inform them in writing that, since they haven't contacted me having had more than a week and a half to do so, I will be doing an inspection on a set time and letting myself in with my own key. The agreement states I have to give 24 hours notice.

2. Can I do the same regarding viewings which again states I have to give a minimum of 24 hours notice.

Any help would be very gratefully received :)

Lawcruncher
06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I shall shortly be posting about this.

fresh to the market
06-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I look forward to it. Thank you :)

Poppy35
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
I have been trying verbally, by text and by letter to get my tenants to give me a time when I can come and do an inspection.

I will also be giving them notice that at the end of the 6 months I will not be renewing our agreement as they have verbally told me a while back that they will be moving out but haven't confirmed in writing and I want to market the property. The tenancy agreement states I can within 2 months of the end of the tenancy. for your information your tenant does not have to give you any notice written or otherwise in order to end their fixed term tenancy, they can just up and leave on the last day however its polite for them to give you some sort of notice. You must give them 2 months notice which cannot expire before the end of the fixed term

My questions are:

1. Can I inform them in writing that, since they haven't contacted me having had more than a week and a half to do so, I will be doing an inspection on a set time and letting myself in with my own key. The agreement states I have to give 24 hours notice. No, if they wont allow you to come and inspect the house there is nothing that you can do. However I would suggest phoning them and asking them for a convenient time thats is suitable for them and visit with them present. You need their co-operation if you want to remarket so its best to be in their good books!

2. Can I do the same regarding viewings which again states I have to give a minimum of 24 hours notice. as above

Any help would be very gratefully received :)

Hope this helps.

fresh to the market
06-03-2010, 16:27 PM
Thank you very much for that :)