PDA

View Full Version : Fineholm: advice?

goldilockz
05-03-2010, 16:56 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice please. I've been searching for a flat to rent for a while and have found a great one: on the same street as my work, lovely, quiet area and very decent price. However, my one worry is that Fineholm (Glasgow) are the letting agents and I've heard so many awful things about them. I've read on lots of forums, that they are theives, liars and extremely rude. They've turned up in people's flats with no warning and have demanded people off the premises. I've read time and time again DO NOT USE FINEHOLM! But unfortunately, the flat I've seen is with them and the one I've been looking for for a while. I can deal with the rudeness and bad customer service (I think) but, God forbid a problem were to occur, I don't know what I'd do! I'm only renting for 6 months and am doing so because I've been having a horrible time at home so need to get out so could do without the drama! What should I do? I could do with some help and advice. Does anyone have any positive experiences with Fineholm as these seem to be few and far between!
Thanks so much xx
P.S. The people I have spoken to at the company so far have actually been very nice, if a bit dippy and didn't have the answers to some of the questions I asked but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just wondering if the problems will start after I hand the money over, or perhaps I'm just worrying unnecessarily.

mind the gap
05-03-2010, 18:08 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice please. I've been searching for a flat to rent for a while and have found a great one: on the same street as my work, lovely, quiet area and very decent price. However, my one worry is that Fineholm (Glasgow) are the letting agents and I've heard so many awful things about them. I've read on lots of forums, that they are theives, liars and extremely rude. They've turned up in people's flats with no warning and have demanded people off the premises. I've read time and time again DO NOT USE FINEHOLM! But unfortunately, the flat I've seen is with them and the one I've been looking for for a while. I can deal with the rudeness and bad customer service (I think) but, God forbid a problem were to occur, I don't know what I'd do! I'm only renting for 6 months and am doing so because I've been having a horrible time at home so need to get out so could do without the drama! What should I do? I could do with some help and advice. Does anyone have any positive experiences with Fineholm as these seem to be few and far between!
Thanks so much xx
P.S. The people I have spoken to at the company so far have actually been very nice, if a bit dippy and didn't have the answers to some of the questions I asked but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just wondering if the problems will start after I hand the money over, or perhaps I'm just worrying unnecessarily.

There are relatively few Scottish members of LLZ since the law is different in Scotland.

However, if this company also rent out student properties, you could go on the studentroom.co.uk and find the Glasgow Uni sub-forum and post your question.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=208 Go to : Create New Thread at bottom of page.