PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Rent Book Template Available?

Cipher
05-03-2010, 15:24 PM
I've found out that I should have issued one but haven’t and want to make things right - before going to court and getting pulled up on it. My mistake was that as rent was due monthly but referred to in an amount as weekly I was liable to provide one. I've since ordered one (instead of two - a copy for myself) but now wondering how difficult it would to recreate one (takes 7 days to deliver the one I ordered)?

Does anyone have a template they could share/email me?

I've read what it says is required in the act (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1985/cukpga_19850070_en_1#pb2)

To save you clicking through link:
4 Provision of rent books

(1)Where a tenant has a right to occupy premises as a residence in consideration of a rent payable weekly, the landlord shall provide a rent book or other similar document for use in respect of the premises.

(2)Subsection (1) does not apply to premises if the rent includes a payment in respect of board and the value of that board to the tenant forms a substantial proportion of the whole rent.

(3)In this section and sections 5 to 7—

(a)“tenant” includes a statutory tenant and a person having a contractual right to occupy the premises; and

(b)“landlord”, in relation to a person having such a contractual right, means the person who granted the right or any successor in title of his, as the case may require.
5 Information to be contained in rent books

(1)A rent book or other similar document provided in pursuance of section 4 shall contain notice of the name and address of the landlord of the premises and—

(a)if the premises are occupied by virtue of a restricted contract, particulars of the rent and of the other terms and conditions of the contract and notice of such other matters as may be prescribed;

(b)if the premises are let on or subject to a protected or statutory tenancy [F1or let on an assured tenancy within the meaning of Part I of the Housing Act 1988], notice of such matters as may be prescribed.

(2)If the premises are occupied by virtue of a restricted contract or let on or subject to a protected or statutory tenancy [F2or let on an assured tenancy within the meaning of Part I of the Housing Act 1988], the notice and particulars required by this section shall be in the prescribed form.

(3)In this section “prescribed” means prescribed by regulations made by the Secretary of State, which—

(a)may make different provision for different cases, and

(b)shall be made by statutory instrument which shall be subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament.

What the best method to deliver this rent book 10months late?
T isn’t going to sign a letter to confirm - usual 2 copies in post keeping certs?
I was thinking about keeping quiet and pretend I did issue one and T has lost it - this could be risky as I have no proof of sending document etc.

Your thoughts please.

davidjohnbutton
05-03-2010, 22:48 PM
Send me an email to davidjohnbutton@btinternet.com and I will supply one that can be printed on A4 card (legal requirements on one side and rent charges and payments on other side using for example quicken or money or handwritten)

This is open to anyone who wants copy - not just the OP

Lawcruncher
06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Are you sure you need a rent book? You say the rent is expressed as a weekly amount, but payable monthly. The Act only requires a rent book if the rent is payable weekly.

jeffrey
07-03-2010, 22:13 PM
I've found out that I should have issued one but haven’t and want to make things right - before going to court and getting pulled up on it. My mistake was that as rent was due monthly but referred to in an amount as weekly I was liable to provide one.
So what was the precise wording re weekly/monthly, please?

Cipher
08-03-2010, 08:05 AM
As per AST

1. Interpretation
First Rent Payment Date: 1st February 2009
Rent: £100 per calender week
Rent Payment Dates: 1st Day of each Month

Tenant has been paying a monthly amount of £433.33

jeffrey
08-03-2010, 09:36 AM
As rent payment dates are monthly, the fact that a rent of £100 per week is misleadingly shown is irrelevant- just as much as if a rent of £5200 per year were shown! It's payable monthly, even if paid weekly for convenience, so no rent book is necessary.

davidjohnbutton
06-01-2012, 11:08 AM
The free rent book offer is now closed as I am spending too much of my time answering email requests.
I will accept further (paying) requests through my paypal account attaching a £1 paypal fee at davidjohnbutton47@hotmail.com

davidjohnbutton
03-03-2012, 23:35 PM
The free rent book offer is now closed as I am spending too much of my time answering email requests.
I will accept further (paying) requests through my paypal account attaching a £1 paypal fee at davidjohnbutton47@hotmail.com