PDA

View Full Version : Landlords Insurance - DSS Tenants

worriedlandlord
04-03-2010, 21:04 PM
I'm just getting really frustrated with companies refusing to insure properties which have DSS tenants! Some companies are willing to take them on at a premium rate. Any advice / recommendations for landlords with DSS tenants?

Anewbe4u
04-03-2010, 21:08 PM
I can't help sorry, but I have a question regarding Landlord insurance. We enquired about through the bank and they offered it to us for £6.80 a month. It seems to cover absolutely everything though. Including non payment of rent and legal fee's. It seems too good to be true honest. Is it?

Sorry to hijack your thread also

worriedlandlord
04-03-2010, 21:21 PM
I can't help sorry, but I have a question regarding Landlord insurance. We enquired about through the bank and they offered it to us for £6.80 a month. It seems to cover absolutely everything though. Including non payment of rent and legal fee's. It seems too good to be true honest. Is it?

Sorry to hijack your thread also

Which bank? Sounds like an absolute steal!

Mrs Mug
04-03-2010, 21:27 PM
Any advice / recommendations for landlords with DSS tenants?

We use this company.

http://peacockinsurance.co.uk/landlord-insurance.aspx?id=100&policyType=5&isNewQuote=true&ForceSource=21

We are currently insured with Axa.

Anewbe4u
04-03-2010, 21:29 PM
Which bank? Sounds like an absolute steal!

Lloyds Tsb. Exactly though, we're waiting for the complete paper work to come trough, fully expecting some kind of catch. How much is it normally?