PDA

View Full Version : Tenant referance checks and rent insurance

Captain Birdseye
03-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good company for the above, there seem to be thousands of companies out there, I would like to use one that can be recommended by people.
Also does anyone have any experience of this new smart deposit scheme? surely this would just encourage the tenant to leave allsorts of mess etc if they have no deposit to claim back...any advice please.

Thanks.

Captain Birdseye
03-03-2010, 19:23 PM
Anyone have any help here???

simmy40
04-03-2010, 15:17 PM
Always make sure you get a thorough reference, there are some very cheap ways to get a quick credit check but all this will tell you is if they pay loans and credit cards on time - it wont give you an insight into their rent payments. These are OK if you don't want to get references from employers and previous landlords.

If you don't want to do that yourself make sure the reference you get actually checks the previous tenancies.

A lot of Rent Guarantee Insurance providers will require a thorough Tenants Reference to be successfully obtained before grating the insurance. Some companies insist you use their referencing but others will not - so you can mix and match if you look closely enough - which you should do rather than taking someone's word that a company is reputable.

If you are confident in what you require then you can source these yourself on the internet and you will more than likely be ok. If you need to discuss the requirements it may be wise to deal with a broker. It's likely you will pay a little more buying through a broker but they will advise according to your requirements.

JessicaJames
04-03-2010, 16:45 PM
what area do you live in? I use an agent who are fantastic - they use the same company for credit checks and rent guarantee insurance - ideal for me!