PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with LA / Council T neighbours' pest problem

Conflicted
02-03-2010, 16:27 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with LA or council neighbours who have a pest problem.

My house is next door to a council / LA property whose tenants have a mice problem. It's now affecting my property. I continually have the house treated, but understandably, it is something my private tenants would rather not deal with.

Is there anything that can be done to help the situation? I've tried reporting it to the council, and they say all I can do is have a word with my neighbour to encourage them to have it seen to and put some preventative measures in place. But to be honest, it's not clear to me why they have a problem (house in disrepair / dirty etc) and how easily this can be dealt with.

What can I do? Is there a dispute / legal route or anything a little less severe? Seems to me we all benefit if we sort the problem.

jeffrey
03-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Simply do an LZ search on 'pest'. There are 64 threads on the topic.

Conflicted
04-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Yes, thanks!

I've looked through and though helpful, the situation I am asking about is a little different to those mentioned in those threads as I am not sure about what a private landlord can do about a pest problem generating from a council tenant's property next door.

But thanks for your response! The other threads are helpful.

C

jta
04-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Report the problem to EH, don't worry about the council. EH will assess the problem and order whoever is responsible to sort it out.

jeffrey
04-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Report the problem to EH, don't worry about the council. EH will assess the problem and order whoever is responsible to sort it out.
Is it a possible problem (conflict of interest) that:
a. the Council's EHO will be investigating
b. the Council's adjoining premises?