PDA

View Full Version : correct section 21 and checking the property

gripton
23-02-2010, 13:38 PM
Hello, I hope you can help! My tenants AST started on the 16th October for 6 months, so she is still within the fixed term. I am just abot to serve sec 21 notice and because we are still in the fixed term I am serving a 21 1(b). This will take her expiry date to outside of the fixed term. Today is the 23rd Feb and the date of expiry is 28th April. Is this correct?

Also is it best to go and check the property in approx 1 month and write to the tenants with anything they need to do before the tenancy expires, or should i just leave it till we do the inventory? I just think if I leave it till the inventory then there may be a lot of redecorating needing doing (there will be as did a check last month) due to children and dogs (house was decorated jst before they moved in) and this will delay me being able to move back in as quick as possible.

Thank you for any help!

jeffrey
23-02-2010, 14:13 PM
Hello, I hope you can help! My tenants AST started on the 16th October for 6 months, so she is still within the fixed term. I am just abot to serve sec 21 notice and because we are still in the fixed term I am serving a 21 1(b). This will take her expiry date to outside of the fixed term. Today is the 23rd Feb and the date of expiry is 28th April. Is this correct?
Yes.

Also is it best to go and check the property in approx 1 month and write to the tenants with anything they need to do before the tenancy expires, or should i just leave it till we do the inventory? I just think if I leave it till the inventory then there may be a lot of redecorating needing doing (there will be as did a check last month) due to children and dogs (house was decorated jst before they moved in) and this will delay me being able to move back in as quick as possible.
Yes, but T may decide not to allow you to view the premises- and you have no automatic right to enter.

gripton
23-02-2010, 14:21 PM
Thankyou for your help!

jeffrey
23-02-2010, 15:27 PM
You did protect the deposit, didn't you?

gripton
23-02-2010, 15:35 PM
oh yes!! And within a week of receiving it