PDA

View Full Version : Tenant Arrears - believe he may have done this before

Ash1
13-02-2010, 10:09 AM
I have just received a possession order for my property, with the Tenant owing me lots of money. I have a further Hearing in a couple of weeks regarding the outstanding monies.

I think the Tenant may have done this before and I was wondering if anyone out there knows how I can find out if there were previous hearings that this Tenant was involved with. I know for certain that he was seen at an Isle of Wight court?

Any ideas?

Snorkerz
13-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I believe you can check if there are any outstanding CCJs against your tenant. There is a fee for this - but if they applied before the current tenancy they would have been picked up by the credit check.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Paul_f
13-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I believe you can check if there are any outstanding CCJs against your tenant. There is a fee for this - but if they applied before the current tenancy they would have been picked up by the credit check. The credit reference agencies such as Equifax and Experian don't normally have CCJs listed until about 2/3 months after any court hearing and then it relies upon the claimant to register it. A friend had a tenant slip through the net because the claimant didn't bother to do so.