PDA

View Full Version : Deposit - How to claim for my time?

philipmark
10-02-2010, 19:59 PM
Dear All

My tenant was evicted recently and left the house in quite a state. I have a thorough 'Inventory and Inspection List' so it's easy to prove the damage.

I need to prove to the DPS what the costs are in rectifying the problems which is easy to do with receipts. However what about the hours I have spent in cleaning and repairing the house?

Can I put a figure down for the hours of hard work that I put in and what sort of figure is acceptable?

Thanks
Phil

PaulF
10-02-2010, 21:06 PM
I think the allowable rate by the courts is about £9.25 per hour for your own time. It was posted somewhere else on this forum many months ago.

havensRus
10-02-2010, 21:16 PM
I think the allowable rate by the courts is about £9.25 per hour for your own time.

agree. court costs for self representation in S8 process is on that basis

philipmark
11-02-2010, 20:51 PM
Thank you for your answers. I will send details to the DPS and let you know the response if any.

With kind regards
Phil

Ericthelobster
11-02-2010, 22:27 PM
I will send details to the DPS and let you know the response if any.Please do - I'm sure plenty of people - myself included - would be interested in knowing what happens. Presumably your tenant will be disputing the amount charged, or there wouldn't be an issue?