PDA

View Full Version : L complains of poor service from E.On

Perplexed
10-02-2010, 15:02 PM
I thought other landlords should be made aware of the shoddy treatment I have received from E.On, who have wasted most of my day today and caused me endless aggravation. To recap:

My last tenant at this property defaulted on his utility bills, so E.On fitted a key meter - no surprises there. Now though, although the tenant (who was the one at fault) has gone, and despite the fact that I have other accounts with them on which I never defaulted, E.On are refusing to remove the offending key meter unless:

1) I pay a £50 charge,
2) allow them to credit-check my business, AND
3) I agree to go on direct debit

All this, for a vacant property whose landlord has an impeccable record!!

Not only that, but these imbeciles can't even issue a key so that I can have electricity there to have the property cleaned, because the key number they have given me was declined in two different shops.

I have already told them that if I can't have the property cleaned because of them, I will start chagrin them for loss of rent.

On a happier note, British Gas have confirmed to me that they will happily remove the prepayment meter as soon as the property starts being supplied by them in 28 days' time, AND they will do this free of charge and with no credit check or direct debit.

Perplexed
10-02-2010, 17:06 PM
Oh, and to add insult to injury, after I wasted all day phoning E.On and runnign around to collect keys that could not be issued because the number was declined, when they finally issued a key it had ZERO credit on it (I understand they usually have at least £5).

E.On must be the cr@ppiest utility company in the UK.

jeffrey
10-02-2010, 17:10 PM
...apart from all the others; have you ever tried to contact BG by telephone?

Perplexed
10-02-2010, 17:12 PM
...apart from all the others; have you ever tried to contact BG by telephone?

I know, BG used to be proverbially bad, but they have improved - no doubt as a result of Lisa Feguson v. British Gas!! LOL

jeffrey
10-02-2010, 17:15 PM
But 0845 telephone numbers, still.

Perplexed
10-02-2010, 17:20 PM
But 0845 telephone numbers, still.

E.On is on an 0845 number too.

I don't pay for 0845 or 0870 calls, but people who do may want to look up the number on http://www.saynoto0870.com/ as there is usually a national number alternative. ;)