PDA

View Full Version : T Ending Contract after 2 years?What next..

alenuk
08-02-2010, 16:09 PM
I have been renting property through Foxtons for last 2 years.
Tenant has decided to move and i would like to find new tenant through same agency but have few basic questions.

1.Does tenant has to cancel all the bills (gas,electricity etc)
2.When it comes to Council Tax-does council need to be notifed by L or T?
3.Agency fee is the same like last time-can that be right?
4.Is there L should be particulary aware-when T is leaving?

Thanks for help.
Regards!

JK0
08-02-2010, 16:26 PM
I have been renting property through Foxtons for last 2 years.
Tenant has decided to move and i would like to find new tenant through same agency but have few basic questions.

1.Does tenant has to cancel all the bills (gas,electricity etc)
2.When it comes to Council Tax-does council need to be notifed by L or T?
3.Agency fee is the same like last time-can that be right?
4.Is there L should be particulary aware-when T is leaving?

Thanks for help.
Regards!

Your agent should do most of these. They should take meter readings and notify the suppliers, and also the council. It is up to you to accept the agency fee, negotiate a lower one, or go elsewhere.

I always go and have a check round after tenant has left. Oftentimes I find some cleaning required which the check out clerk hasn't spotted. Also I check the sealant around showers and baths, as this needs to be kept in good shape. (If it isn't this is how to renew it:

Scrape off old stuff carefully with Stanley blade and screwdriver. Clean area with meths soaked kitchen roll. Put two lines of masking tape 10mm apart on sides of joint. Buy the best silicone you can afford, and run it down between the tapes. Lick your finger and run over the sealant to push it down. Remove masking tape, clean your hands. Lick finger again and run down once more.)