PDA

View Full Version : N5B Help Please

KNLL
08-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Am in the throws of completing N5B form and am wondering about section 4 and 5. The tenancy began in 08 and then went onto a PT so would I delete section 5?
Just want to ensure there are no reasons for the case to be thrown out if court next month.
I am completing it online, do I have to print of more than one copy of the form?

Snorkerz
08-02-2010, 12:44 PM
This may help
http://www.rla.org.uk/landlord/documents/rent_arrears/complete_courtPapers.shtml

KNLL
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Thankyou, I served the notice myself but took my girlfriend with me to witness it being served so would she still have to fill in form N215 for the certificate of service? As the information says if the notices were issued by an agent or someone other than the landlord, that person has to complete a Certificate Of Service Form N215.
I have a tenancy agreement and a s21 to send with the papers. From reading what I have as I correct in thinking that is all that is required and 3 copies of N5b.

tom999
08-02-2010, 13:22 PM
Strike out section 5 only if the tenancy is an AST, which began on or after 28th February 1997.

Make three bundles, each with copies of all documents and required attachments, i.e. N5B, AST, s21 + proof of service (N215 and/or signed witness statement), deposit protection certificate. In one bundle, include the original signed N5B. (court prefers bundles to be held together with tags rather than staples).

Make a cheque payable to "HMCS" (check fee with local County Court).

Go to the local County Court to hand in the bundles + cheque, and ask for a receipt.

KNLL
08-02-2010, 13:40 PM
Strike out section 5 only if the tenancy is an AST, which began on or after 28th February 1997.

Make three bundles, each with copies of all documents and required attachments, i.e. N5B, AST, s21 + proof of service (N215 and/or signed witness statement), deposit protection certificate. In one bundle, include the original signed N5B. (court prefers bundles to be held together with tags rather than staples).

Make a cheque payable to "HMCS" (check fee with local County Court).

Go to the local County Court to hand in the bundles + cheque, and ask for a receipt.

Wonderful ,thankyou.
Do I need to sign anything at the court when it is handed in or can I can my partner to do this for me?

There was no deposit to protect so should I write this in section 8 of the form and am I correct in thinking I do not fill in the Certificate of Service on the page where it says notes for the defendant?
Once again thankyou very much.

tom999
08-02-2010, 14:47 PM
Do I need to sign anything at the court when it is handed in or can I can my partner to do this for me?If the LL has completed and signed all relevant paperwork, then (a) your partner may hand the bundles in; or (b) send the bundles to the local County Court (keeping proof of postage).

There was no deposit to protect so should I write this in section 8 of the formYes, you may wish to add this.

and am I correct in thinking I do not fill in the Certificate of Service on the page where it says notes for the defendant?If you mean the page that's headed with "Notes for the defendant", there's a big clue in the title; that section is for the defendant to complete. You're the claimant.

KNLL
08-02-2010, 18:13 PM
Thankyou once again

if I am not seeking costs from Tenant do I just cross through that part and ignore the part where it ask for figures. So would I just date this for the date when the section 21 expires?

I assume the court will fill in the parts of In the and the claim number?

The parts not relevant ie section 2 etc do I just cross through them?

Thankyou for all your help with this as I really do not want this thrown out of court for being incorrectly filled in.