PDA

View Full Version : Can I post the contract to the Guarantor to Sign?

scrfmah
05-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi There,

I have a property that I am letting to a couple of gentlemen however one of them needs a guarantor. Now the question I have is as the title says!

Can I post the contract to the guarantor as they are in the north of Scotland and are unable to make it to London for the move in date to sign the contract.

Is their any legal issues about doing this?

J

Snorkerz
05-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi There,

I have a property that I am letting to a couple of gentlemen however one of them needs a guarantor. Now the question I have is as the title says!

Can I post the contract to the guarantor as they are in the north of Scotland and are unable to make it to London for the move in date to sign the contract.

Is their any legal issues about doing this?

JI'm sure you can post it, but do check if a guarantor in Scotland can be sued in the English courts (the law is different).

jeffrey
05-02-2010, 11:21 AM
But where is the let property itself: E&W or Scotland?

scrfmah
05-02-2010, 11:25 AM
The property is in London!

jeffrey
05-02-2010, 11:42 AM
The property is in London!
Take care re any guarantor who is outside the jurisdiction of E&W's courts. In the worst-case scenario, how would you sue him?

scrfmah
05-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Take care re any guarantor who is outside the jurisdiction of E&W's courts. In the worst-case scenario, how would you sue him?

Thanks Jeffrey, however is their any legal issues with posting the contract rather than them coming to london and signing it.

Lawcruncher
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks Jeffrey, however is their any legal issues with posting the contract rather than them coming to london and signing it.

None at all.