PDA

View Full Version : Time to move out tenants

manj
01-02-2010, 17:48 PM
Hi guys
I have a couple of properties with similar problems so will number them:
1. I have a tenant who is out of the contract on the AST so is on a month per month rolling basis, not really my cup of tea so want them out. What notice do I send?

2. I have a young couple who are still in the 1 year contract on the AST and they always pay late and also pay less and then make it up over the month which is headache really, I also want them out, what notice do I send?

Any comments are welcome....

JK0
01-02-2010, 18:49 PM
Regarding question 1, is it the tenant who is not your cup of tea, or the rolling AST contract? If the latter, why? Surely better than a vacant flat isn't it?

manj
01-02-2010, 20:02 PM
Regarding question 1, is it the tenant who is not your cup of tea, or the rolling AST contract? If the latter, why? Surely better than a vacant flat isn't it?

Yes, sorry I should have been more clear, the tenant is the problem not the AST, I have other tenants I could put in, the current ones have the property in a state, despite many notices and warnings.

jeffrey
02-02-2010, 13:09 PM
1. I have a tenant who is out of the contract on the AST so is on a month per month rolling basis, not really my cup of tea so want them out. What notice do I send?

2. I have a young couple who are still in the 1 year contract on the AST and they always pay late and also pay less and then make it up over the month which is headache really, I also want them out, what notice do I send?
The problems are distinct.

1. Serve T under s.21(4)(a). Ensure that you understand the complex rules re dates- there are hundreds of LZ threads that explain. If you wish, also serve T under s.8. Use [discretionary] grounds 12/13/15 as appropriate.

2. Serve T under s.8. Use [discretionary] grounds 10 and 11. If they owe an amount equal to or exceeding two months' rent, add [mandatory] ground 8 too. There are hundreds of LZ threads that explain.

manj
02-02-2010, 13:17 PM
Jeffrey
This paints a clear picture, many thanks!