PDA

View Full Version : BG Homecare 200 Costs

Smiler
03-11-2009, 00:49 AM
To cut the hassle I have a BG Homecare 200 agreement in place for my rental placed. It covers any breakdowns, an annual service and my GSC

It's renewal time and they want £25 pm (I pay by DD)

Pop onto there website and if I'm a new customer I can have the above service for £19 pm because I'm a new customer:mad: So I give them a call to try and get this price as an existing customer.

I'm told that the £19 is a new customer price and during the first year they will determine the future price on the area you live in, the age of your boiler, the number of call outs you have etc In addition a new customer is classed as someone who hasn't had a service for three months.

A couple of questions?

Anything stopping me terminating the agreement at contract end and getting the Wife to take out a new agreement the next day?

Is the explaination for the increase in price after the first year fact or fiction?

Ericthelobster
03-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Anything stopping me terminating the agreement at contract end and getting the Wife to take out a new agreement the next day?Depends entirely if they cotton on or not, doesn't it? Read the T&C's of the contract offered to new customers - I would be very surprised if they haven't got this eventuality covered.

Is the explaination for the increase in price after the first year fact or fiction?Sounds highly plausible from a business point of view - why wouldn't it? Anyway, the simple answer is (as ever) don't use British Gas. I get what sounds like the same service you have from an excellent local company, for £12.50/month.