PDA

View Full Version : Attachment of earnings have employers details but no current address

Syd73
30-10-2009, 15:26 PM
Hi there

I secured a CCJ for an ex tenant, I do not have a current address but I have their employers details, is it better to use the last known address on the court form or to include a covering letter explaining that I only have the employers details and as under the data protection law personal data is exempt from the non-disclosure provisions where the disclosure is required by or under any enactment, by any rule of law or by the order of a court the employer should release their address.

Or should I use last known address which is my property and currently empty, will the court act and contact the employer?

Help/Advice/Previous experience much appreciated.
Thank you :)

Snorkerz
30-10-2009, 23:25 PM
Last known address is fine! If he hasn't told you or the court where he is now then it's not your fault he didn't get the letter/form whatever warning him about this ;)

Syd73
01-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Many thanks that's great, we'll take the form to the court tomorrow.

davidjohnbutton
01-11-2009, 16:37 PM
Note that the disclosure provisions of S35 Data Protection Act 1998 merely give the employer in this case the right to release the data without penalty - there is no compulsion - you cannot make them release the info without a court order.