PDA

View Full Version : Deposit dispute & Breach of advertising?

MrJingles
29-10-2009, 14:51 PM
1. The flat I have just left was painted, cleaned and inspected with no issues.
Apparently there are some rent arrears but the letting agent has no evidence of when and who is responsible (shared accommodation) They have decided to take the entire £750 deposit without stating exactly why and without proper proof that money was owed - Please advise

2. The new property I have moved into (run by the same lettings agent) was advertised as ideal for 4 sharers. We have 3 people on the tenancy agreement but they are unwilling to allow us the 4th. We need the 4th person to make the house more affordable and feel that they are acting unfairly - Please advise

MrJingles

tom999
29-10-2009, 16:06 PM
1. The flat I have just left was painted, cleaned and inspected with no issues. Apparently there are some rent arrears but the letting agent has no evidence of when and who is responsible (shared accommodation) They have decided to take the entire £750 deposit without stating exactly why and without proper proof that money was owed - Please adviseWas this an AST in England or Wales, after April 2007, where annual rent was less than £25k?

2. The new property I have moved into (run by the same lettings agent) was advertised as ideal for 4 sharers. We have 3 people on the tenancy agreement but they are unwilling to allow us the 4th. We need the 4th person to make the house more affordable and feel that they are acting unfairlyWas this an AST in England or Wales?
Does tenancy agreement state 4 sharers?

jeffrey
29-10-2009, 16:12 PM
The new property I have moved into (run by the same lettings agent) was advertised as ideal for 4 sharers. We have 3 people on the tenancy agreement but they are unwilling to allow us the 4th. We need the 4th person to make the house more affordable and feel that they are acting unfairly.
I agree with you. If L (via A) advertised it as being for four people, L should have no objection to letting to four people.
However, L has let to three. Why did they accept and sign-up to that, if their intention was to have four (not three) residents?