PDA

View Full Version : Advice on AST break Clause

shropet
29-10-2009, 11:27 AM
For first time, have had difficulty in finding good replacement tenants There are potentially - 3 sharers.

I would prefer a 12 month let for security. They are happy with with the long term view, but would prefer a 'break clause' at 6 months. I am using the NLA AST format. Does anyone have a form of words to put in as a clause. I do not want to have a 6 month AST as there is more uncertainty in it going periodic and I do not want to have to keep renewing 6 month ASTs + then registering 'new' deposits etc.

Your views would be a great help. Thanks

shropet
29-10-2009, 15:29 PM
Would really appreciate some help on this.
Thanks. Shropet.

mind the gap
29-10-2009, 22:48 PM
For first time, have had difficulty in finding good replacement tenants There are potentially - 3 sharers.

I would prefer a 12 month let for security. They are happy with with the long term view, but would prefer a 'break clause' at 6 months. I am using the NLA AST format. Does anyone have a form of words to put in as a clause. I do not want to have a 6 month AST as there is more uncertainty in it going periodic and I do not want to have to keep renewing 6 month ASTs + then registering 'new' deposits etc.

Your views would be a great help. Thanks

:confused:What conditions do you want to attach to the break clause, exactly, which would make it in practice any different from a 6 month AST which is subsequently allowed to become periodic?

For example, do you want to give your tenants an opportunity to terminate at the end of six months, but if they choose not to, then to bind them into the tenancy until the end of the 12th month? Or what?