PDA

View Full Version : Ex landlord claiming extra deposit

haggard
29-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I am not sure if anyone will be able to help me. When I moved into my previous property I paid £900 cash deposit and £1100 was covered by the council in guaranteed deposit. When I left I used the dispute service as LL wouldn't give me my deposit back. He was awarded £270 even though he tried to claim £1400 as he put in (disputes service words) dodgy invoices from dubious sources, and he tried to claim for things that weren't on the check out report. I got the remainder of my money back but he has now gone to the council and been given £230 as well. Clearly he isn't entitled to this money but the council give it and expect me to fight it afterwards. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about this?

haggard
29-10-2009, 17:43 PM
I have spoken to the council and they have stopped the cheque as they suspect this is a fraudulent claim. It is the agents that are dealing with the claim and they were the ones that dealt with all the claim when it went through mydeposits as well. The agents are claiming for some items that were already paid for through the disputes process and the others are the ones that are declined as they weren't valid (i.e. not on the checkout report etc). Surely the agents are trying to claim money fraudulently? They are aware the council would give them the money and then I have to take them to court to get it back. Is there any protection from agents like this? Is there an official process for me to make a complaint?