PDA

View Full Version : Rented house being put up for sale

Grufff
28-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Hey everybody, after a bit of advice.

I currently live in a rented property with 2 friends. I am the only person on the tenants agreement but that is fine as i've known these friends for years so no big issue there. But my landlord has decided to put the property up for sale. My agreement is due to end on the 18th February and he has said if he sells the property before that date he will put me up in another property until my contract expires. But now he keeps turning up unannounced to look around the property. Where do i stand on this? Also do i have much of a leg to stand on if i want to move out before my tenancy runs out?

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks

jeffrey
28-10-2009, 12:34 PM
L has no automatic right to enter and view. Have you not done an LZ seach on this very Forum, to read the countless threads on that topic?

You can leave at any time you want- but you're liable for rent up to/inc. the fixed term's expiry date (unless L voluntarily accepts early surrender).

Grufff
28-10-2009, 12:41 PM
What about just viewing the outside of the property?

jeffrey
28-10-2009, 12:51 PM
What about just viewing the outside of the property?
Yes- because that's not inconsistent with T's contractual right to quiet possession nor (in most cases) could it be seen as harassment.