PDA

View Full Version : Providing unfurnished 1 bed house?

ALIEN1X
23-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I want let my property out unfurnished (1 bed house with fitted kitchen and bath room), but prefer not to supply appliances except the built in electric cooker.

I this ok? I rather let the tenants supply their own washing machine, fridge and freezer as it minimises breakdowns/damages unecessary call outs for plumbers/electricians etc.

Regards
Alien1x

Ericthelobster
23-04-2006, 12:39 PM
I want let my property out unfurnished (1 bed house with fitted kitchen and bath room), but prefer not to supply appliances except the built in electric cooker.Absolutely - it's very commonly done this way. Known as "Part-furnished": look for all the ads in the paper or estate agency window.

P.Pilcher
23-04-2006, 16:30 PM
I never supply white goods - there is, in my area no difference in the rent and they make you liable for more hassle and repair costs. Tenants seem quite happy to find their own.

P.P.

ALIEN1X
23-04-2006, 20:37 PM
Ah,
I knew I had fogot somthing, do I have to supply carpets? I have floor finishes in the kitchen and bathroom, but I have found that in the rest of the area carpets always get worn,burnt due to cigerrettes. This is what happened to me after I had a new carpet fitted 1 year ago, it now has burnt holes in them.

Regards
Alien1x

Energise
23-04-2006, 21:03 PM
You don't have to but I cant see many tenants being willing to take on the cost of carpeting a house when they only have a short term contract, what could they do with them after?

Ericthelobster
23-04-2006, 21:45 PM
Yes, must admit when I replied earlier that I'd assumed you meant carpets would be included (probably curtains/blinds too, but that's less of a given). Without carpets, that would definitely be totally "unfurnished" - very unusual on an AST for the reasons Energise says.

By the way, cigarette damage on a new carpet would definitely warrant a deduction from the tenant's deposit - no reason for the LL to be out of pocket over something like that.

ALIEN1X
24-04-2006, 19:46 PM
It will be a one year min AST, so I will remove the white goods-thats just fridge,freezer and washing machine.

But I will keep all floor finishes.

Regarding the carpets- well my agent says its ware and tare.

I will be looking for a new agent no that the property is vacant, but tenant owes final month rent + extra 2 weeks over stay + a bounced cheque payment, all of this exceeds the deposit held.As the tenant claims havew no money, I would be better off keeping the deposit.

I will have to let go on the carpet damage, + the smashed drawer on the dressing table (which I have thrown all away now) and the small holes made in the new upvc d/glazed window so they can hang inner curtain/blinds.
And kitchen door which had some impact damage.

I was going to make a claim for the above but would know what to charge for various small damages.

This is why I only want supply minimum unfurnished.

Regards
Alien1x