PDA

View Full Version : Mutual agreed to end tenancy

Smithy100
26-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi all,
I have a question, i have issued section 21 to my tenant as AST ends Dec 27th. My tenant has been a nightmare from start to finish, she damaged the front door then did a runner leaving me with the mess. Then after clearing the house and paying for a new door she decided to come back leaving me no option but to give her a key.
This was 3 weeks ago but she has still not moved back in, i spoke to her yesterday and she said she doesnt want to move back in as there is no point. She had agreed to let me keep the bond due to the damage done.
What do i need to do now so that i am covered??
Thanks
Nicole

jeffrey
26-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Idealy, complete a Deed of Surrender. Failing that, at the very least obtain her written confirmation that she wants to surrender the tenancy as from [date]; take/keep a copy of it; and reply, again in writing, to accept that. What about the rent- is it clear up to that date?

Smithy100
26-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the advise, in regards to rent i should hopefully be receiving a cheque this week from the DSS which will bring her upto date.
What do i do about the bond money, and getting her to hand it over, she has agreed it in principal but she tends to agree to things and then not follow through.
Thanks

jeffrey
26-10-2009, 11:30 AM
T does not 'hand over' any bond. By definition, the bond- really, the tenancy deposit- is held by someone else. Who is that?
Did it need protecting and, if it did, was it duly protected?

Smithy100
26-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes sorry it is protected with the DPS, i mean how do i obtain that money from the DPS.
Thanks

westminster
26-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes sorry it is protected with the DPS, i mean how do i obtain that money from the DPS.
Thanks
https://www.depositprotection.com/public/faqs.aspx?section=Repayments