PDA

View Full Version : Rent periods

Softouch
24-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi

I signed up a tenant on a weekly tenancy agreement, fixed term two years, starting on a Wednesday. So the rent week runs Wednesday to Tuesday.
But I dropped a clanger when I forgot to amend the rent increase clause which states that the rent will be reviewed with effect from the first Monday each April.
Does this mean that the rent week changes not to Monday to Sunday and any notices would need to end after the Sunday rather than after the Tuesday?

thanks

Bea

Poppy
24-10-2009, 13:43 PM
The rent period is untouched starting on Wednesdays.

Do you intend to agree with the tenant that any rent increases take place on the first Wednesday of each April?

PaulF
24-10-2009, 14:01 PM
Have you provided your tenant with a rent book or some form of receipt book as it's a legal requirement for weekly tenancies?

Softouch
25-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi

so far I havent discussed it with them. Yes they have a rent book. So far a good tenant. I m just worried that if I do need to serve them notice that I ll fall foul on the dates.

thanks

PaulF
25-10-2009, 12:51 PM
As I've said many times before you don't actually have to specifiy a date, just to state that possession is required at the end of a rental period; as this is a minimum of 2 months then the one that follows is automartically the end of the period when you are seeking possession.

Bel
25-10-2009, 14:12 PM
The solution is simple....dont put up the rent !

jeffrey
26-10-2009, 10:41 AM
The solution is simple....dont put up the rent !
Or, better, enter into a proper and comprehensive Tenancy Agreement. Why leave things so vague?