PDA

View Full Version : Bad tenants. Want to sell property fast.

fedup
21-04-2006, 08:42 AM
hi there. i'm a fed up landlord. i have had some very bad experiences with tenants. I'm looking to selll this property fast without all the hassle of estate agents fees and valuation fees. Can someone help me?

PaulF
21-04-2006, 10:20 AM
There are a few reasons why you might have had bad experiences with tenants:-

You failed to reference them properly.
You didn't take a decent deposit of at least 6 weeks rent.
Your property wasn't of a reasonable standard.
You let the tenants control you rather than the other way round.
You accepted Housing Benefit claimants without realising the consequences of doing so.

There is no substitue for doing it right and the most successful landlords are the ones who don't cut corners.

You now want to sell without using an estate agent. Put a private ad in the local paper or use the internet. There are plenty of sites for private sellers. You would be better to use a member of the NAEA to sell you house as they will usually be able to cover their fee with the amount they can realise for you. It's up to you but, you appear to want to do everything on a budget. You get what you pay for generally speaking! I can see why you perhaps come unstuck!

kie11
21-04-2006, 13:49 PM
I have to say I agree with Paul on most counts. In all likelihood you probably failed to reference them in enough detail. Anyway as regards a fast cash sale, I would recommend the website below. I have a relative of mine who just sold his house for cash to them and he couldn't speak highly enough of them. Hope this helps!
Home Buyers (http://www.mpginvestments.co.uk) - MPG Investments