PDA

View Full Version : One member's doubts re using a Bradford housing charity

marsaday
16-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Just thought i would let people know to be careful if renting properties to charities.

The Keyhouse in bradford and keighley is a housing charity which rents property from private landlords and then rents these out to younger tenants and those who are in need of help.

They are very bullying in how they go about their business and when you get a house back it is highly damaged. Carpets always need replacing and the curtains have usually been stolen.

They have a minimal compensation scheme (£100-200) and give you back the house in a filthy state. One house had blood splatters on every wall as a user had been living there.

Be careful when renting to any of these charities. They are happy to discard you once the agreement has come to an end.

mind the gap
16-10-2009, 11:12 AM
'Naming and shaming' organsiations (or individuals) publicly like this renders you vulnerable to prosecution for libel or defamation. Unless you are able to substantiate your allegations in court, you may wish to remove your post.

jeffrey
16-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Post #1 reported to Editor of LZ as potentially defamatory.

marsaday
16-10-2009, 13:38 PM
i have the photos to prove how disgusting the properties are when they come back to me.

All i want to do is let people know of my experience. If i can help other landlords avoid the pitfalls i came across then i will have helped someone. If you can get a proper guarantee that you will be compensated for damages and losses then renting to these organisations will be ok.

I stupidly trusted them to be fair with me.