PDA

View Full Version : Scotland to introduce tenancy deposit scheme

reb223
25-09-2009, 10:54 AM
It has of course been in discussion for a while, and has been officially announced today, although there is no mention whether it will follow the England and Wales model, or a time-frame.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2009/09/24153008

theartfullodger
25-09-2009, 18:58 PM
And I thought this was an E&W forum.... Yup, it's gonna happen..

And, I can forsee the future: At some time in the next 25 years E&W will introduce Landlord Registration, if for no other reason than to (slightly) help HMRC extract tax from shy LLs... At least that's what the conservatives will be thinking....

Cheers!

Lodger

mind the gap
25-09-2009, 19:04 PM
Such cynicism, in one so young :rolleyes:

reb223
25-09-2009, 19:19 PM
And I thought this was an E&W forum....

I understand that this forum deals with E&W law, but surely it's good to be informed of cross-border practices, if for no other reason than having a sound knowledge base from which to advise the next landlord with property in Scotland who has a deposit query, no? There are Scottish landlords who gain insight into landlord/tenant practices from LZ too.

mind the gap
25-09-2009, 19:22 PM
There are Scottish landlords who gain insight into landlord/tenant practices from LZ too.

:eek:They must have strong stomachs, that's all I can say!

Mind you, all those deep-fried Mars Bars probably stand them in good stead...

(Perhaps that will bring Eric Ardlussa out of hibernation in his stone outhouse).

tom999
25-09-2009, 19:40 PM
I understand that this forum deals with E&W law, but surely it's good to be informed of cross-border practices,..
I agree. Always good to know what's going on north of the border.

...if for no other reason than having a sound knowledge base from which to advise the next landlord with property in Scotland who has a deposit query, no?
Yes, here was a recent thread (http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=21818) in which incorrect advice (initially) was given about deposit protection for a HMO in Scotland. ;)

theartfullodger
25-09-2009, 19:50 PM
reb223 said

There are Scottish landlords who gain insight into landlord/tenant practices from LZ too.

Aye, I know, me included....

btw has anyone seen forums that deal with Scottish LL/T issues/questions?? MSE sortof does but without the erudition, understanding or wit of LLZ.

And for MTG who commented

Such cynicism, in one so young
'scuse me, I've got 2 (yes, two, count-'em) 'bus passes...

Cheers!

Lodger

mind the gap
25-09-2009, 20:22 PM
And for MTG who commented

'scuse me, I've got 2 (yes, two, count-'em) 'bus passes...

Cheers!

Lodger

I was being polite :D