PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated Procedure

mjr
12-04-2006, 13:38 PM
I issued a S21 notice some weeks ago which was to be effective 2nd May. The tenant is struggling to find somewhere (we were charging a cheap rent) and will be throwing herself at the local council who will not house her until she is homeless which means I will have to use the accelerated procedures to evict.

Wheres the best place to get instruction on this - ie standard form, court details etc.

Worldlife
12-04-2006, 14:26 PM
Visit Her Majesty's Courts Service - Accelerated Possession Procedure (http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/housing/landlords/accelerated/index.htm)

Sets out the procedures and the forms you will need.

MrWoof
12-04-2006, 15:31 PM
Phone your local county court, they will send you the correct paperwork (form N5b). They are fairly straightforward, any questions about particular problems can be answered on this forum. Before doing this though, is it definitely an AST and was the S21 correctly filled in? In particular, you say "effective 2nd May", what was the exact wording on the S21 and did you give at least 2 months notice?

mjr
13-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the pointers. I have followed the S21 procedure as per the OPDM site so the wording is correct and the notice is >2 months. There was a question about the date (which I did pose on here before) as the lease ran from 8am rather than midnight - consensus was that it was the correct date and I did get corroboration from a tame barrister.
So I am now ready to follow up. Will follow the links. If any queries then I know where to come.